Travelgenio Terms and Conditions
1. WEBSITE USE
1.1. The websites www.travelgenio.com and sg.travelgenio.com (henceforth referred to as WEBSITES) belong to Travelgenio S.L. (henceforth referred to as TRAVELGENIO), a society with domicile in c/Albasanz, 15, 2º Izq., 28037 Madrid (Spain) and VAT number (CIF) B25761120, registered in the Corporate Register, Madrid, Spain, volume: 0, page: 1, section: 8, sheet: M 486495, Inscription: 1 and CICMA 2333.
1.2. TRAVELGENIO offers the utilization of the WEBSITES, conditioned by acceptation without modification by the user (henceforth referred to as USER) of the following General Terms and Conditions. The user expressly accepts the full adhesion, without exception, of each and every of the General Terms and Conditions of TRAVELGENIO.
1.3. If the USER does not agree to the General Terms and Conditions, they do not have the right to use the WEBSITES of TRAVELGENIO. The user declares that he is of legal age and has the legal capacity to acquire the services offered through the TRAVELGENIO WEBSITES. In addition, the user declares that all the personal information provided by them in order to access this website and during the use of the website is correct, complete, and precise.
2. BOOKING OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THROUGH THE WEBSITE
2.1. Through the TRAVELGENIO website, the user has access to information about third-party products and services related to travel and tourism. In some cases, it is possible to make bookings and reservations of some of these products and services from the corresponding providers or tour operators.
2.2. The sale of travel services as well as other products and touristic services will be carried out by TRAVELGENIO, a travel agency which holds the necessary permits and licenses to carry out its activity.
2.3. Any bookings or acquisitions of products or services by providers or combined travel organizers are subject to the terms and conditions, which these providers or tour operators establish in each case. The user declares that he will accept and respect any terms and conditions established by any provider or tour operator whose services the USER wishes to book, including but not limited to payment of amounts accrued and the conformity with any rules and restrictions in terms of the availability of tariffs, products or services. Should there be any special rules or restrictions which affect the tariffs, products or services selected by the USER, these will be shown on the screen during the booking process.
2.4. The elaboration and updating of any information relating to offers, products or services, routes, distances, timetables, properties or any other data and information relevant to the products and services offered through the WEBSITE, corresponds to the respective product and service providers or tour operators. TRAVELGENIO shall not be responsible for maintaining, revising, supervising or updating this information, nor does it have the possibility of verifying its truthfulness, accuracy or completeness nor whether it is up to date.
3. SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FLIGHTS
3.1. TRAVELGENIO, as travel agency, acts as an intermediary between its clients and airlines. It is the airlines themselves which establish the rules and regulations that affect the flights booked by our users.
3.2. In the event that an airline ceases to operate due to insolvency or any other reason, Travelgenio, as intermediary, will notify the passenger of such circumstance and the information available regarding it. In such cases and since the contract of carriage between the passenger and the airline providing the flight was regularized, the passenger must complain to the airline about the refund of tickets that have not been flown.
3.3. Bear in mind that some airlines reserve the right to cancel the return flight of a round trip when the outbound flight has not been used. If you are planning not to use the outbound ticket, we suggest you contact Travelgenio or the airline at least 48 hours before the departure of your flight.
4. SERVICE FEES
4.1. TRAVELGENIO charges a service fee per passenger. This fee is not refundable under any circumstances, and is independent of the rate selected by the user.
4.2. In case of modifications on behalf of the client, wherever the tariffs allow, administrative fees may arise. Note that these service fees are not applicable when purchasing one of the levels of the Customer Support service.
5. MODIFICATIONS, CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND REISSUES
5.1. Wherever the airline and the selected tariff allow for modifications, cancellations or refunds, TRAVELGENIO will charge an additional administrative fee to be added to the fees established by the corresponding airline.
- 50€ (or the equivalent in your local currency) per passenger for changes or cancellations.
5.2. In any such case it is the sole responsibility of the user to request any modifications, cancellations or refunds reissue by contacting TRAVELGENIO directly, during its opening hours. They will then be informed about the possibility of granting their request and about any possible fees or administrative steps.
5.3. Any modification or cancellation request must be made in writing through our contact form.
- Name changes of passengers are not allowed by most airlines. Should you need to change names and surnames on your booking, you will have to cancel the completed booking and get a ticket refund (should your tariff allow it). For this reason, please pay special attention to the spelling of any passenger names and surnames while filling in your booking forms. These must correspond to the names on your travel documents which have to be presented at the airport on the day of your flight.
6. TARIFF RESTRICTIONS
Most flight tariffs do not allow for modifications or cancellations, and you will not be granted refunds in such cases. This means that a ticket may not be used for a different purpose than that which it was bought for. This includes any attempt to use only the return flight included in a booking without having shown up for the outward flight.
7. TARIFF COMBINATIONS
7.1. In order to offer the best and widest options for your trip, our system may combine two “one-way” fares instead of one “roundtrip” fare. Additionally, in the event of any cancellation or modification of a combined fare, specific conditions of each fare shall apply.
7.2. In order to offer the most competitive fares, our search engine sometimes offers flight options that result from combining two bookings, one for the outgoing route and another for the return journey. When booking this option, a booking will be make for the outgoing flight, and another will be made for the return, with two different reference codes. They will be treated as independent bookings for changes and cancellations, according to the specific conditions of each airline.
8. RE-CONFIRMATION OF FLIGHT TIMES
The passenger must re-confirm the flight times at the latest 48 hours before the scheduled departure, as flight times can be modified, even brought forward, by the airline. The passenger assumes the responsibility for any damage caused by the lack of re-confirmation of the flight times.
9. DUPLICATE BOOKINGS
In the event a payment fails for whatever reason, the client must contact the customer service in order to verify the status of the booking, since Travelgenio can’t guarantee the refund of duplicate bookings unless the user has previously contacted our customer service. In fact, most airlines do not refund duplicate bookings made within the same agency or at two different travel companies.
10. PASSENGER NAME ERROR
10.1. The possible errors made by the user during the booking process are the user’s responsibility, who must verify all the details in the booking and notify any error found in it the same day that tickets are issued. It is recommended to check the email, including the spam folder, after the booking is completed.
10.2. In general, in order to change the name on a booking, tickets must be cancelled so that a new ticket can be issued subsequently. If the name change is permitted, most airlines charge a fee that will depend on the fare type. Additionally, Travelgenio will charge 50EUR (or the equivalent in your local currency) service fee per passenger in all cases. Some airlines do not permit name changes.
10.3. Please bear in mind that the airline can deny boarding to passengers with a different name in the travel document. In that case, Travelgenio won’t be responsible of the costs incurred by passengers denied boarding.
11. BOOKINGS INCLUDING TRAIN
Please pay attention to your booking details. If part of the itinerary of your booking is by train, please bear in mind that to be able to travel you must provide a printed boarding pass at the train station. You can get it 24 hours before the departure at the following links:
- If you are travelling with Access Rail: www.check-in.accesrail.com
- If you are travelling with Hahn Air: www.checkin.hahnair.com
- If you are travelling with Eurostar: www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/your-trip/check-in
- Other companies: visit the company’s website.
12. ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS
12.1. CUSTOMER SERVICE
12.1.1. Service Fee for Changes and Cancellations
- Gold: No service fee in case of change/cancellation.
- Silver: No service fee in case of change/cancellation.
- Basic: Subject to a service fee of 50€ (or the equivalent in your local currency) in case of change/cancellation.
In all cases the amount will be additional to the fee the airline may charge depending the conditions of the purchased fare.
12.1.2. Priority Assistance
- Gold: Maximum priority on the phone service through an exclusive telephone number, or a reply within 12 hours through the contact form.
- Silver: Medium priority on the phone service through an exclusive telephone number, or a reply within 24 hours through the contact form.
- Basic: No priority on the phone service or through the contact form.
12.1.3. Money Refund
- Gold: Refunds managed within a maximum of 3 working days.
- Silver: Refunds managed within the usual period of time.
- Basic: Refunds managed within the usual period of time.
12.2. SPECIAL SERVICES
By selecting this option, you will be able to:
- Reserve seats
- Book special meal options, if a meal is included in your ticket
- Add special luggage to your booking (golf clubs, bicycles, etc.)
- Get help when your flight schedules change
Price per passenger.
For some destinations and/or airlines, it may not be possible to confirm special requests. Your airline might charge additional fees. The price for the personalised service is not refundable if the airline is unable to confirm the requested service or if your trip is cancelled.
Contact our customer services for additional information.
12.3. FLEXIBLE TICKET
1. Time of Purchasing Additional Services
- This service must be purchased and paid for via our website at the time of booking your trip. This service cannot be purchased afterwards.
- Any changes to your booking must be made within the office hours of our customer services, and a minimum of 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Changes can only be made to bookings for itineraries which start a maximum of one year from the original purchase date.
- These changes will come into effect upon receipt of a confirmation sent by the company.
- In order to make changes, you must contact our customer services by phone or email, using the specific online form by choosing the option Modify Booking on our Contact page.
- The request must include the booking code, the full names of the affected passengers, and your desired changes.
- Once the request has been completed, you will receive an automatic confirmation of your request with an assigned case number.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your request has been received correctly.
- This service can only be used once.
- No modifications are permitted for partially used tickets.
- The FLEXIBLE Ticket service is an exclusive service of our agency which guarantees that your change request will be processed even if tickets can no longer be changed directly with the airline. For this reason, all changes to your booking must be made via our customer services.
- The FLEXIBLE Ticket service allows changing the date of the flights of the original ticket, if the new flights are within the same rate level. If the requested change means that higher rates or taxes apply, the price difference must be paid by the passenger.
- Your booking must be changed to a flight with the airline which operates the flights included in the original booking. You may not exchange your original flights for flights with another airline.
- Not applicable to route changes (origin, destination and/or stopovers).
- Not applicable to passenger name changes.
- The price of the service is non-refundable, under any circumstances.
- If you use the FLEXIBLE Ticket option, no refunds will be permitted.
- If the services FLEXIBLE Ticket and CANCELLATION PROTECTION or CANCELLATION PROTECTION PLUS are used together, by using the FLEXIBLE Ticket option the protection options will be cancelled.
- If, when making changes, any of the passengers loses their right to special discounts (e.g. change of category of children or infants), the difference must be paid by the customer.
- Our agency shall not be held liable for any additional services contracted directly with the airline.
- Changes to lower flight rates will not be refunded.
- This service is personal and non-transferable.
- Our agency disclaims any responsibility for changes to bookings that have not been received.
12.4. REFUND GUARANTEED
This option allows you to cancel your booking without paying any fees. The cancellation must be made within 12 hours after completing the booking.
You will get the amount of your booking (minus the cancellation fee) refunded within 12 hours after the booking is made.
The price shown is per passenger.
13. CONTRACTUAL CONDITIONS FOR THE TRANSPORT OF PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE
We would like to inform any passengers who book trips where the destination or one or more stopovers are in a country other than that of the airport of departure of their flight, that international treaties like the Montreal Convention or its predecessor, the Warsaw Convention, may apply to your trip as a whole, including the part of it which is in the same country. In this case, the applicable treaties, including special transport conditions incorporated in any applicable tariff, govern and may limit the carrier’s responsibility.
14. NOTIFICATION OF LIMITED LIABILITY
14.1. The Montreal and Warsaw Conventions may apply to your trip. These conventions govern and may limit the liability of carriers in case of death or personal injury, loss or damage of baggage, and delays.
14.2. Where the Montreal Convention applies, the liability limits are as follows:
14.2.1. There are no financial limits regarding death or personal injury.
14.2.2. In case of destruction, loss or damage or delay of your baggage, 1,131 Special Drawing Rights (approximately EUR 1,200, USD 1,800) per passenger, in the majority of cases. For damages caused by delay, 4,694 Special Drawing Rights (approximately EUR 5,000; USD 6,500) per passenger, in most cases.
14.3. According to EU Regulation 889/2002, carriers of the European Community must apply the legal requirements regarding the limits stipulated in the Montreal Convention to all types of aerial transport services of passengers and goods. Many carriers that do not belong to the European Community have opted to act in the same way with regard to the transport of passengers and their baggage.
14.4. Where the Warsaw Convention is applicable, the liability limits are as follows:
14.4.1. 16,600 Special Drawing Rights (ca. EUR 20,000; USD 20000) in case of death or personal injury, where the Hague Protocol is applicable; or 8,300 Special Drawing Rights (ca. EUR 10,000; USD 10,000) where only the Warsaw Convention is applicable. Many carriers have voluntarily chosen not to apply these limits at all, and U.S. regulations require that in trips to, from, and including stopovers in the U.S.A., the limit be inferior to USD 75,000.
14.4.2. 17 Special Drawing Rights (ca. EUR 20; USD 20) per kg of lost or damaged baggage or delay, and 332 Special Drawing Rights (ca. EUR 400; USD 400) in case of baggage which has not been checked in.
14.5. Carriers may also be responsible for damages caused by delay.
14.6. If you need more information about the limits which are applicable to your trip, it is best to contact your carrier directly. Should your planned trip include transport by different carriers, you should contact all of them individually to find out about the liability limits for your trip.
14.7. Regardless of which convention may apply to your booked trip, you will enjoy the highest liability limits in case of loss, damage or delay of baggage by presenting a special declaration on the value of your baggage and by paying an additional tax at the moment of check-in. If the value of your baggage is higher than the applicable liability limits, you should contract additional protection before the trip.
14.8. Deadlines for legal action:Any legal action in case of complaints about damages must be presented within a period of two years from the arrival date or the date on which your airplane should have landed.
14.9. Baggage claims The carrier must be notified in writing within seven days of receiving the checked-in baggage in case of damages, and in case of delay, 21 days after receipt of the baggage.
15. NOTIFICATION OF CONTRACTUAL CONDITIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE
15.1. Your transport contract with the carrier which provides you with aerial transport, regardless of whether it is international, domestic, or a domestic segment of an international journey, is subject to this notification; to any notification or receipt by the carrier; and to the individual terms and conditions of each carrier (Conditions), any related regulations, rules and policies (Regulations), and any applicable tariff.If your transport includes more than one carrier, different Conditions, Regulations and tariffs may apply for each carrier.
15.2. By means of this notification, the applicable Conditions, Regulations and tariffs valid for each carrier are incorporated by reference into your transport contract, becoming a part of it.
15.3. These Conditions include, but are not limited to:
15.3.1. Conditions and liability limits of the carrier in case of death or personal damage.
15.3.2. Conditions and liability limits of the carrier in case of loss, damage or delay of baggage and goods, including fragile or perishable goods.
15.3.3. Regulations to declare a higher value for baggage and to pay any applicable supplementary tax.
15.3.4. Application of the Conditions and liability limits of the carrier regarding the actions of its agents, employees and representatives, including any person which provides either materials or services to the carrier.
15.3.5. Claims, restrictions, including time limits for any claims or legal actions against the carrier.
15.3.6. Regulations concerning reconfirmations or reservations, presentation time at the airport, the use, duration and validity of air transport services; and the carrier’s right to deny transportation.
15.3.7. Rights of the carrier and limits concerning the carrier’s liability in case of delay or failure to provide a service, which includes itinerary changes, carrier or aircraft replacement and re-assignment of routes and, where required by applicable law, the obligation of the carrier to notify passengers of the identity of the operating carrier or the replacement aircraft.
15.3.8. Rights of the carrier to deny transportation to those passengers who fail to comply with applicable laws or who are unable to present all required travel documents. You can obtain more information about the transportation contract, and learn how to apply for a copy, in the places where the carrier’s transportation services are sold.
15.3.9. Also, many carriers list this information on their websites. Where required by law, you will have the right to view the full text of your transportation contracts in the offices at the airport as well as in the carrier’s sales offices, and to receive a free copy by mail or by other delivery services provided by each carrier on request.
15.3.10. If a carrier sells aerial transportation services or checks in baggage specifying the transport with another carrier, it only acts as an agent for the other carrier.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL IF YOU DO NOT PRESENT ALL REQUIRED TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, SUCH AS PASSPORT OR VISA.
IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PASSENGERS TO COMPLY WITH ALL MIGRATION AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS OF THE DESTINATION AND TRANSIT COUNTRY/COUNTRIES.
GOVERNMENTS MAY ASK YOUR CARRIER TO PASS ON INFORMATION OR TO GRANT THEM PERMISSION TO ACCESS PASSENGER DATA.
15.4. DENIED BOARDING: Aircraft tickets might be oversold, in which case there is a slight possibility that a passenger will not be able to board a flight even if they have a confirmed booking. In most cases, where boarding is denied involuntarily, you will be entitled to compensation. Where the applicable law requires it, the carrier must first ask for volunteers before involuntarily denying a passenger to board the aircraft. Be sure to check the complete regulations regarding denied boarding compensation (DBC) and information about priority when boarding.
15.5. BAGGAGE: For some types of items it is possible to declare higher values. Some carriers may apply special regulations in case of fragile, valuable or perishable items. Make sure to check this information with your carrier. Documented Baggage: Carriers may allow a certain allowance for documented baggage. This is established by each carrier individually and may vary according to class and/or route. Extra charges may apply if documented baggage exceeds the allowed limit. Please contact your carrier for more information. Cabin baggage (non-documented baggage): Carriers may allow a certain allowance for cabin baggage. This is established by each carrier individually and may vary according to class and/or route and/or type of aircraft. We recommend keeping cabin baggage to a minimum. Please contact your carrier for more information. If your route includes more than one carrier, each one of them may apply different baggage regulations (for both documented and cabin baggage).
15.6. SPECIAL BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS IN THE U.S.A.: For domestic flights which stay inside the U.S.A. at all times, federal Law requires any baggage liability limit to be at least USD 3,300.00 per passenger, or the amount currently stated in Regulation 14 CFE 254.5.
15.7. AIRPORT CHECK-IN TIMES:The times shown at the website are the scheduled departure, arrival and/or stopover (depending on the case) times of flights, always in local time.
Passengers should arrive at the airport with sufficient time in advance, generally 90 minutes before the departure for domestic flights and 2 hours before for international flights. Airport arrival times should be reconfirmed with the airline, since they may change depending on the destination or the airline. In any case it’s the passenger’s responsibility to fulfill these requirements.
15.8. DANGEROUS ARTICLES: (DANGEROUS MATERIALS) For security reasons, there must be no dangerous articles in your cabin (non-documented) baggage, unless explicitly allowed. Dangerous articles include, but are not limited to: compressed gases, corrosives, explosives, inflammable liquids and solids, radioactive materials, oxidant materials, poison, infectious substances, suitcases with integrated alarm systems. For reasons of security, other restrictions may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
From January 01 2015 onwards, the United States Department of Transportation will include new items considered as dangerous and prohibited on flights to, from and within the United States. Among these are large quantities of large lithium batteries, explosives/fireworks, lighter fluids, matches, oxygen cylinders or liquid oxygen, flammable liquids, pesticides, poisons or corrosive substances. However, in order to check that your luggage meets the legal requirements, we recommend visiting the official website for the United States Department of Transportation before your journey.
15.9. DANGEROUS ARTICLES: The articles, which appear in the figure below, must not be packed or taken on-board without prior consultation with your carrier.
Passengers must reconfirm departure times and flight timetables at least 48 hours before scheduled flight departure, given that sometimes airlines can change timetables and even bring forward departure times. Passengers assume total responsibility for any inconveniences caused by their failure to check timetables.
NOTE: For limited liability regulations concerning domestic air travel within your country, make sure to check local regulations.
16. IBERIA FLIGHTS WITH FLIGHT CODE 6XXX (FROM IB6000 TO IB6999)
16.1. All flights between Madrid and Barcelona or vice versa, with flight code IB 6xxx leave and arrive at terminal T4 in Madrid and terminal 1 in Barcelona.
16.2. Flights between Madrid and the Canary Islands, flight codes IB6xxx, are considered international flights, (departure/ arrival at terminal T4 in Madrid); therefore all passengers (including children and babies) must hold valid ID cards and/or passports. Minors traveling alone on these kinds of flights need an additional authorization signed by their parents or guardians. The national residence card (NIE) is not valid for these flights, unless accompanied by the person’s passport. In all cases it is the passengers’ own responsibility to make sure that they comply with all corresponding migration requirements.
17. SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR LOW-COST FLIGHTS
17.1. TRAVELGENIO allows you to book flights with low-cost airlines. The tickets for these companies are not issued by TRAVELGENIO, but by the airlines themselves, who are responsible for any received information and for the provided service.
17.2. You will receive a confirmation email from TRAVELGENIO with your flight details as soon as the airline has confirmed your booking.
17.3. For bookings with low-cost companies, your credit card will be charged twice: once for the price of the ticket, charged directly by the airline itself, and a second time for the booking fees charged by TRAVELGENIO (not refundable under any circumstances). The total price of the booking is the sum of these two charges.
17.4. Should you wish to modify your booking or ask for special services, you will have to contact the airline itself. TRAVELGENIO is not able to modify or refund low-cost bookings. In your confirmation email you will receive all contact details of the airline.
17.5. Please bear in mind that the majority of low-cost airlines do not permit transport of domestic animals and have certain limitations with regard to special services. Please contact these airlines directly to learn more about these.
17.6. Should there be timetable changes and/or flight cancellations, the airline itself will be the only responsible party. It is indispensable to reconfirm the status of your flight 48 hours before departure by calling the airline.
17.7. Children under 14 years of age are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by an adult aged 16 or over, who will be responsible for the children. Children aged 13 or younger will not be allowed to board the aircraft if traveling on their own. (In such cases, please contact your airline to learn about their individual terms and conditions.)
18. MIGRATION AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
18.1. It is the passenger’s responsibility to comply with all immigration (documentation, visas, etc) and health (vaccines, possible quarantine periods, obligatory use of face masks, etc.) requirements implemented by destination countries, or any country in which there is a layover, or in which the passenger is in transit, and with possible boarding requirements from the airlines operating the flight. TRAVELGENIO will not be responsible for the consequences arising from failure to comply with necessary requirements under any circumstances.
18.2. If you are traveling with Lufthansa, you can consult the company’s specific conditions via this link.
18.3. If you are traveling to the United Kingdom, you must fill in the following online form before your flight departs.
18.4. For more information, consult with the following governmental institutions:
- British Foreign & Commonwealth Office: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/
- U.S. Department of State http://m.state.gov/
- Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx
- United Kingdom Department of Health: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/index.htm
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: http://www.hhs.gov/
- Irish Department of Health: http://www.dohc.ie/
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/en
18.5. It is the responsibility of the travellers to contact local foreign offices and/or health organisations in order to make sure they are aware of all applicable regulations, as well as known characteristics and risks of the health situation in the destination country.
19. UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
19.1. DEFINITION OF MINOR
In the air transport industry, a “minor” is a person who has not yet reached 18 years of age on the date of the flight.
- INFANT (INF): An “infant” is a minor who at the time of the flight has not yet reached 2 years of age. Infants travel without occupying a seat, accompanied by a person over 18 years of age, and pay a variable percentage of the adult fare (usually 10%).
- CHILD (CHD): A “child” is a minor who has reached 2, but not yet 12 years of age at the time of their flight; they must travel accompanied by a person over 18 years of age. Children occupy a seat and are charged a variable percentage of the adult fare (usually 65-75%).
- YOUNG PASSENGER: A “young passenger” is a minor who has reached 12, but not yet 18 years of age at the time of their flight, and who travels without any company. These passengers pay the full adult fare. Bear in mind that some airlines do not allow minors travelling alone on their flights. Before making a booking, please contact the airline to verify if it is allowed. If your booking includes more than one stretch, all carriers involved must allow minors travelling alone. Once you have verified this information with the airline, you will have to make the booking through our website and book our “personalized service” indicating the specific service so that we can request the unaccompanied minor service to the airline. If you make a booking without previously confirming if the airline allows the service and you need to cancel it, general conditions of the airline will apply.
19.2. RESTRICTIONS FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINORS:
19.2.1. As a general rule minors are not allowed to travel without an adult. However, some airlines do allow it, for this reason it is necessary that you contact the airline before making the booking to verify if it is allowed. If your booking includes more than one stretch, all carriers involved must allow minors travelling alone. Once you have verified this information with the airline, you will have to make the booking through our website and book our “personalized service” indicating the specific service so that we can request the unaccompanied minor service to the airline. If you make a booking without previously confirming if the airline allows the service and you need to cancel it, general conditions of the airline will apply.
19.2.2. Airlines usually accept a certain number of unaccompanied minors on flights, but this must be arranged beforehand. This varies from airline to airline.
19.2.3. Minors who have not yet reached 5 years of age are never accepted on flights unless accompanied by an adult, and no exceptions are made to this rule.
19.2.4. For minors between 12 and 18 years travelling alone to INTERNATIONAL destinations, special assistance may be requested or a special request must be made should such assistance not be required.
19.3. ACCEPTANCE OF UNACCOMPANIED MINORS ON FLIGHTS:
19.3.1. Unaccompanied minors may be accepted if the following requirements are met:
- The request for assistance during the flight must be accepted by the airline prior to boarding.
- The minor must be accompanied to the departure airport by an adult, who is also responsible for check-in procedures, must present the corresponding indemnity form and wait for the airplane to take off.
- If the itinerary includes a stopover (with a programmed interruption of the journey), the minor must be received and accompanied by an adult during this period, who is also responsible for check-in procedures for the connecting flight and must wait for the airplane to take off. These regulations vary according to the route, the operating airline and the type of stopover.
19.3.2. An adult must be awaiting the minor at the destination airport at the scheduled arrival time, and must present themselves to the airline’s staff prior to receiving the minor.
19.3.3. All travel requests for unaccompanied minors must be made through our customer service department.
20. LIMITATIONS FOR MINORS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT:
20.1. Airlines usually accept per adult:
- One INFANT (INF).
- One INFANT (INF) and one CHILD (CHD) under 5 years of age.
- Two CHILDREN (CHD) under 5 years of age.
- If you wish to travel with more than two CHILDREN (CHD) between 5 and 12 years of age, please contact your airline.
20.2. In special cases (you must contact your airline) it may be possible for one adult to travel with two INFANTS (INF), if one of them travels in the arms of the adult passenger and the other one in a certified child seat next to the adult. In such cases the applicable rate for INFANTS is the same as for CHILDREN (CHD).
21. NEW IMMIGRATION REGULATIONS FROM 1ST JUNE 2015: TRAVELLING TO SA WITH CHILDREN
21.1. Hereby we inform you about the new South African Home Office regulation regarding all families travelling with children under 18 from the next 1st of June 2015 that must present, apart from their passport, the children’s birth certificate.
21.2. This new regulation will be applied to all minors, both South African or foreign, who want to travel to or from South Africa.
21.3. In the case of countries that do not provide birth certificates, a letter from the competent authorities of the country with the same information will be required.
21.4. All documents must be original or copies certified by a notary or equivalent authority in the country of residence of the child. Notary documents can not be more than 3 months old.
21.5. Below we summarize the main developments, which can also be found in Annex I for your reference:
21.5.1. WHERE PARENTS ARE TRAVELLING WITH A CHILD
- Such parents must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of the parents of the child.
- Adopted children to provide proof of adoption by means of an adoption certificate.
21.5.2. WHERE ONE PARENT IS TRAVELLING WITH A CHILD
- Such parent must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of the parents of the child
- Consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child authorising him or her to enter into or depart from the Republic with the child he or she is travelling with
- A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or
- Where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate;
- Legally separated parents should also provide a court order when the other parent does not give consent.
Provided that the Director-General may, where the parents of the child are both deceased and the child is travelling with a relative or another person related to him or her or his or her parents, approve such a person to enter into or depart from the Republic with such a child.
21.5.3. WHERE A PERSON IS TRAVELLING WITH A CHILD WHO IS NOT HIS OR HER BIOLOGICAL CHILD
He or she must produce:
- A copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child;
- An affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming that he or she has permission to travel with the child;
- Copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child; and
- The contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child
- Provided that the Director-General may, where the parents of the child are both deceased and the child is travelling with a relative or another person related to him or her or his or her parents, approve such a person to enter into or depart from the Republic with such a child.
21.5.4. UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
Any unaccompanied minor shall produce to the immigration officer:
- Proof of consent from one of or both his or her parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of a letter or affidavit for the child to travel into or depart from the Republic: Provided that in the case where one parent provides proof of consent, that parent must also provide a copy of a court order issued to him or her in terms of which he or she has been granted full parental responsibilities and rights in respect of the child;
- A letter from the person who is to receive the child in the Republic, containing his or her residential address and contact details in the Republic where the child will be residing;
- A copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in the Republic; and
- The contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
21.5.5. ANY CHILD WHO IS IN ALTERNATIVE CARE AS DEFINED IN THE CHILDREN’S ACT, 2005 (ACT NO. 38 OF 2005) SHALL
Before departing from the Republic, produce a certified copy of an authorization letter from the Provincial Head of the Department of Social Development where the child resides as contemplated in section 169 of the Children’s Act.
22. TRAVELLING TO THE USA
Citizens under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) transiting or entering the United States are required to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) 72 hours prior to the departure flight at the following link: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
IMPORTANT: In addition to a valid ESTA, all VWP country citizens must possess an electronic passport (e-chip). If not in possession of an electronic passport, a valid nonimmigrant visa is required to travel to the United States.
23. TRAVELLING TO CANADA
Passengers transiting or entering Canada are required to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). We advise our customers to apply for the authorization immediately after the booking is confirmed at the following link: http://Canada.ca/eTA
24. TRAVEL AND CANCELLATION PROTECTION
TRAVELGENIO recommends taking out travel and cancellation protection to be on the safe side. Please contact us for more information.
25. SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOTELS AND ACCOMMODATION
25.1. TRAVELGENIO, as a travel agency, acts as an intermediary between its clients and wholesale hotel operators. It is these operators, and the accommodation providers, who establish any rules and regulations relating to your stay in the accommodation booked, and they are the responsible parties for the provision of the services booked with us.
25.2. In case of voluntary cancellation or modification of the booking by the user, TRAVELGENIO will charge non-refundable administrative fees. Additionally, any cancellation or modification of a booking may be subject to fees established by the wholesale operator or the accommodation provider, which may vary according to the time of cancellation, individual dates, accommodation providers, and destinations, among other things.
26. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
26.1. In order to make bookings on our websites, users will have to provide information to identify passenger/traveller data and the method of payment. This is done in various steps. Once the information is submitted, before completing your purchase, you will be presented with an overview of the submitted information, in order to double-check it and be able to complete your purchase. Additionally, once your purchase is completed, you will receive a confirmation email which includes all relevant information as well as proof of payment.
26.2. It is of utmost importance, and the sole responsibility of the user, to carefully check that all personal information, e.g. Name and Surname, ID or passport number, email address, telephone number etc. is correct before confirming any purchase.
26.3. Once tickets or vouchers have been issued, any kind of modification or cancellation is subject to fees and additional charges. Any bookings and therefore, purchases, are considered confirmed only as soon as the websites show the confirmation page with the corresponding booking code, a copy of the booking confirmation and proof of payment has been sent to the email address provided by the user, and TRAVELGENIO has successfully charged the provided credit or debit card, or has successfully received money transfers or deposits of the corresponding amount.
26.4. Unless all of the above conditions are fulfilled, bookings may be cancelled by TRAVELGENIO at any time.
26.5. TRAVELGENIO reserves the right to ask the client to provide additional information to verify their purchase. By making a booking, the client agrees to authorize charging the credit or debit card provided by him/her during the booking process with the corresponding total amount. Should it not be possible to process the credit or debit card payment (transaction refused), clients must be aware that their booking may be cancelled by TRAVELGENIO and/or the service provider.
26.6. The payment for flight bookings is processed by credit or debit card before tickets are issued.
26.7. All prices listed on our websites include airport taxes. They do not include costs for visas, or any applicable departure taxes in a given territory, which may be paid in local currency or in U.S. Dollars in this territory. Any tariff variations applicable because of delayed payment of a client’s booking from the moment of reservation until the moment a ticket is issued are to be carried by the client.
27.1. TRAVELGENIO respects your privacy rights. We understand the importance of privacy and security of your personal data. To this purpose, and in relation with our confidentiality policy, we would like to inform you about the following:
27.2. On purchasing product or booking services through our website, you will have to provide your name, email address, credit or debit card number and expiry date, and telephone number. This information is necessary to process your booking and to keep you informed about the state of the latter.
27.3. If you participate in some kind of sweepstake or promotional offer, we will ask you for your name, your postal address, and your email address. This information is required for the organization of the sweepstake and to inform the winners.
27.4. Your private data will not be passed on to any third party outside of our organization. It is possible, however, that TRAVELGENIO will pass on this data to third parties with which it maintains commercial relationships, if your reserve or purchase products or services through our website. These third parties may reside anywhere in the world. We may also pass on to these third parties some global statistics about our sales, clients, data traffic and other information related to the website, but these statistics do not include any information which may be used to identify you personally.
27.5. We limit ourselves to collecting and processing data which we think is necessary in order to provide high-quality personalized services, including consulting services and information about our products and service, as well as any kinds of opportunities which we believe will be of advantage to our clients.
27.6. By registering with TRAVELGENIO and opting in to receiving our newsletters, the user also accepts the possibility of receiving useful information from any companies which we have previously selected and which may send you special offers, promotions, and recommendations about products and services which we believe will be of interest to you.
27.7. We will pass on all required information to the provider selected by you during the booking process on our website, and we will ask them to comply with the same regulations.
27.8. At the same time, we follow strict security procedures related to data storage and display in order to avoid unauthorized access, according to article 9 of the Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December 1999, concerning the Protection of Personal Data in Spain.
28.1. Cookies are fragments of information, which are saved by your web browser on the hard drive of your computer. Every time you visit the TRAVELGENIO website, our server will recognize your cookie and provide us with information about your last visit. The majority of web browsers accept cookies automatically, but it is usually possible to disable them. Even if you prefer to disable cookies, you will still be able to use most of the services on our website, including the booking of products and services.
28.2. If at any moment you would like to send us a comment or complaint about the way in which we use your personal data, just send an e-mail
29. DATA PROTECTION
30. AUTHOR’S RIGHTS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All contents of the WEBSITE (including texts, images, trademarks, designs, software etc.) are the property of TRAVELGENIO and its content providers. They are protected and recognized on a national and international level. Any reproduction, use or distribution without the explicit consent of TRAVELGENIO is strictly forbidden.
31. USE OF THE WEBSITES
The websites are exclusively designed for personal use by our clients. Any modification, reproduction, duplication, copying, distribution, sale, resale or any other forms of commercial or non-commercial exploitation are strictly forbidden. By using the websites, you agree not to use them for illegal or prohibited purposes.
32. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites which TRAVELGENIO does not control and for which TRAVELGENIO obviously may not be held responsible. TRAVELGENIO does not sponsor or vouch for third-party websites, which are included merely as a convenience for our clients.
33. WEB BROWSER AND OPERATING SYSTEM
Our websites are optimized to be viewed using Internet Explorer on the Windows platform. TRAVELGENIO may not be held responsible for results obtained while using different web browsers or operating systems.
34. APPLICABLE LAW
The present terms and conditions are governed in their totality by Spanish Law.
TRAVELGENIO reserves the right to make amendments to the website as well as to these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Only the original Spanish version of this text is valid for any legal or judicial consequences.
To access information on the European Union’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform, click here.
c/Albasanz, 15, 2º Izq.
Tel: 0870 175 61 04 (£0.04 price per minute)
International calls: +34 91 116 0765
Fax: +34 91 754 5683
Email: [email protected]